Those interested in doing any training with APADRC as a volunteer or as part of an Internship can apply by sending an email to email@example.com. Applicants will be contacted promptly for an interview.
If you would like to purchase the full 40-Hour training, or have already passed an interview with someone from APADRC, please go to 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training Registration.
For the 6-Hour MCLE Credits Only, please go to MCLE Training Registration.
click above to enlarge image
For more information on this training, please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title: “Spring Basic Training”. Registration ends on January 10, 2017.
When communication breaks down and conflict arises, how can you address it constructively?
What steps can you take to improve your communication and conflict resolution skills?
The APADRC offers a 40-hour Basic Mediation Training with an emphasis on building cross-cultural competency. Open to all members of the community, this highly interactive training introduces effective communication strategies, multicultural conflict resolution and peace theory, along with a full day of role plays with coaches from the APADRC – preparing you to act as a neutral mediator in community conflicts.
- Our training meets and exceeds the minimum requirements of the State of California Dispute Resolutions Programs Act for mediation training.
- Participants will receive a “Certificate of Attendance” upon completion of the entire 40 hours of training, which is a combination of online, self-directed material and in-person sessions.
- A “Certificate of Completion” is available for individuals interested in volunteering and completing 180 hours of hands-on mediation/conciliation work at the APADRC.
- Early Registration: $595 general / $395 student, senior, low-income
- Regular Registration: $625 general / $425 student, senior, low-income
- APADRC volunteers and interns: $25 (Administrative Fee). For information on volunteering or interning with the APADRC, please check out our volunteer page.
- Discounts may be available to organizations sending more than one individual to the training.
The Asian Pacific American Dispute Resolution Center (APADRC) is committed to both maintaining and encouraging diversity in our body of community mediators through our fee waiver program. There are limited partial and full fee-waivers available for individuals interested in training but who are unable to afford the fees. Please download our Fee-Waiver Application.