Trying to navigate conflicts at the workplace and in your personal life? Do you struggle with speaking your mind and being heard without offending others?
Join the APADRC for our fall Basic Mediation and Conflict Resolution training! Sign up before our Early Bird deadline of August 2.
Our training is open to all community members and meets the requirements of the State of California Dispute Resolutions Programs Act for mediation training.
- Innovative 40-hour curriculum blending online, self-directed coursework with in-person weekend trainings to fit your busy schedule
- Strong emphasis on experiential learning through group activities and partner exercises
- One day of full-length mediation role plays to apply theories and practice, with returning APADRC coaches providing constructive feedback
- Curriculum emphasizing cross-cultural competency and working with different communication and conflict styles
- Blend of theoretical and practical tools to strengthen your mediation and communication
Testimonials About Our Curriculum (Spring 2013)
- My favorite parts were the very thoughtful activities which keep us moving and in our bodies (thinking through our bodies)
- Loved the mock-mediations. Much more useful than I could have imagined.
- Tough, interesting, practical.
- Highly recommended – worthwhile and insightful.
- Understanding people’s underlying interests – that’s just useful for life!
- I learned that silence can be a helpful aspect of mediation.
- Really enjoyed the hands on experience. It was a great opportunity to try things out, see what works and what doesn’t. Also increased my level of self-awareness.
- I really like the practical examples of concepts like the exercises on pacing, common complaints, and feeling heard.
Testimonials About Our Trainers (Spring 2013)
- Great mix of lectures, discussions and activities.
- Great job of keeping the floor open for discussion all throughout.
- I appreciated the supportive space and ability to share thoughts authentically.
- Thanks for thinking so much about the participants’ needs.
- I think you guys did a great job w/ exercises that get us to move without putting us on the spot by making us answer questions in front of everyone.